You Deserve Credit
South Central College gives you credit for qualifying previous work and life experience shortening your path to graduation. Give yourself credit for how far you’ve come and how far you’ll go. Students may bring a wealth of experiences—from the workplace and community and volunteer activities—to the classroom. We value the learning you have acquired outside of the classroom, and we offer ways to turn those experiences into credit by demonstrating what you know.
CPL is ideal for:
- Displaced workers
- Military veterans
- Working professionals
- Stay-at-home parents
- Returning students
You may receive credit based on:
- Work experience and job skills
- Employer training programs
- Volunteer or community service
- Open-source courses or self-study
- Military education and occupations
Benefits of Prior Learning:
- Save time: Shorten the time for you to graduate.
- Save money: Take advantage of significant savings on tuition costs.
- Gain understanding: Recognize the value of your acquired learning through your non-academic knowledge.
- Value knowledge: Earning credit through CPL helps you find value in lifelong experiential learning.
How do you apply for your prior learning for credit?