Scholarships Awarded at Signing Day April 14!
As part of the National Letter of Intent Signing Day, new students choosing a professional career or technical program at South Central College have the opportunity to receive a scholarship of up to $2,500 from the Minnesota Workforce Development Sponsorship program.
Scholarships are funding sources that do not need to be repaid. Scholarships are offered by schools, employers, individuals, private companies, nonprofits, communities, religious groups, and professional/social organizations. Ensure scholarship information and offers you receive are legitimate. Remember that you should not have to pay to find scholarships or other financial aid.
SCC Foundation Scholarships
$500,000+ Awarded Annually
The South Central College Foundations on the Faribault and North Mankato Campuses award over half a million dollars in scholarships each year! Foundation volunteers and staff work hard each year to raise funds for these scholarships, with overwhelming support from businesses, organizations, and individuals including SCC faculty, staff, alumni, and community members. Supporters of the Foundations want to help SCC students succeed in achieving their goals. There are many types of scholarships available, and you don’t have to be a straight-A student to qualify. Scholarship criteria may include program area, work experience, academic achievement, community involvement, activities, financial need, etc.
2022-23 SCC Scholarship Application
The scholarship application deadline has passed for the 2022-2023 school year. Check the links below for other scholarship opportunities.
Workforce Development Scholarship
The Minnesota Legislature has provided funding for scholarships in the high-demand fields of: Advanced Manufacturing, Agriculture, Health Care Services, Information Technology, Early Childhood Education, and Transportation.
If you have received a private scholarships from your high school, employer, or other outside organization, the scholarship check can be submitted to the South Central College bookstore. The bookstore will then route the check to the financial aid and business offices to be applied to your SCC bill.
The check can be submitted in person or mailed to the bookstore:
South Central College
1920 Lee Blvd
North Mankato, MN 56003
Scholarships with upcoming application deadlines:
You may want to consider applying for outside scholarship opportunities not associated with SCC. Here are a few examples:
- Nellie Stone Johnson Scholarship, deadline June 1
- AmericanMuscle Scholarship, deadlines June 15 and October 15
- AmericanTrucks Scholarship, deadlines June 15 and October 15
- ExtremeTerrain Scholarship, deadlines June 15 and October 15
- Horatio Alger CTE Scholarship, deadline July 15, 2022
- Rest Right Mattress Scholarship, deadline August 30, 2022
- LeadMN Scholarships, deadline November 1 and April 1
- Concordia St. Paul, SCC Graduate Transfer Scholarship, (no specific deadline)
- Dreamer Scholarships, (no specific deadline)
- ISN Skilled Trade & Technology Scholarships (various deadlines)
- Mattress Advisor Sleep Scholarships (various deadlines)
- Minnesota Microgrant Partnership (various deadlines)
- Owatonna Foundation Scholarship, (various deadlines)
- Access Scholarships
- Academic Invest
- Career & Technical Scholarships
- Career One-stop
- CFF Foundation Education Award
- Chegg Scholarships
- Computer Science Scholarships
- Early Childhood Education Scholarships
- Scholarship America
- Scholarship Search
- Scholarships for LGBTQ Students
- Scholarships for Minority Students
- Scholarships for Native American Students
- Scholarships and College Guide for Native American Students
- Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
- Scholarships for Veterans
- Scholarships for U.S. Army Veterans
- Scholarships for Women
- STEM Scholarship Guide
- Student Caregivers Scholarship
- Students United
- Tuition Funding Sources