- January 13 - Entire bill is due if not enrolled in the NELNET/FACTS Automatic Payment Plan or have not met other minimum payment requirements*. Finalized financial aid awards may be deducted from the balance due.
- Payment requirements must be met immediately for registrations after January 13.
- January 17 - Registration Cancellation for Non-payment will be processed at 3:00 and again at midnight. Student accounts that do not meet the payment requirements* will have all courses administratively dropped.
- February 27 – Late fees will be assessed on accounts not paid BY 11:59 p.m. FEBRUARY 26.
- June 1 - Entire bill is due if not enrolled in the NELNET/FACTS Automatic Payment Plan or have not met other minimum payment requirements*. Finalized financial aid awards may be deducted from the balance due.
- Payment requirements must be met immediately for registrations after
- June 5 - Registration Cancellation for Non-payment will be processed at 3:00 and again at midnight. Student accounts that do not meet the payment requirements* will have all courses administratively dropped.
- July 14 - Late fees assessed on accounts not paid by 11:59 pm July 13th
- August 24 - Entire bill is due if not enrolled in the NELNET/FACTS Automatic Payment Plan or have not met other minimum payment requirements*. Finalized financial aid awards may be deducted from the balance due.
- Payment requirements must be met immediately for registrations after
- August 28 - Registration Cancellation for Non-payment will be processed at 3:00 and again at midnight. Student accounts that do not meet the payment requirements* will have all courses administratively dropped.
- October 7th - Late fees assessed on accounts not paid by 11:59 pm October 6th
Students enrolled in courses at South Central College must meet minimum payment criteria by the published due dates to avoid an administrative drop of all courses. Account information is available online. Tuition and fee statements are not mailed.
Tuition and Fees Policies
- Minimum payment criteria must be met by the published due dates. Refer to SCC's Payment Policies for Summer, Fall, and Spring Semester due dates and for details on the minimum payment criteria requirements.
- Agency funded students as well as students receiving federal and state financial aid are responsible for any balance remaining after their term award has been subtracted.
- Monies owed to the college are subtracted first from financial aid allocations.
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure their agency authorization reaches the campus BEFORE the published due dates. This should be in the form of a guaranteeing document stating that the tuition, or a portion of the tuition, will be paid by the designated agency.
- You will become obligated for all unpaid balances relating to courses for which you have registered (even if you are not actually attending the classes) unless you drop/withdraw from ALL your classes within the drop/withdrawal period.
- A late fee of $50 is charged to students whose tuition is not paid in full or who have not enrolled in the Nelnet Business Solutions/FACTS Automatic Payment Plan by the 30th business day of the term. In addition, by the 30th business day of the term all Nelnet Business Solutions/FACTS Automatic Payment Plan Agreement balances should be equal to the student's SCC account balance. If a balance remains on a student's SCC account at the completion of their Nelnet/FACTS agreement, a $50 late fee may be charged. The late fee will also apply to resale activity.
- Students who have any outstanding debts at the college will not be allowed to register for classes or obtain a college transcript.
- A senior citizen (62 or older) will be charged based on the type of course. Refer to the SCC College Catalog for details.
- Failure to meet minimum payment criteria will result in cancellation of all course registrations as required by MnSCU Board Policy. However, do not assume that the courses have been cancelled based on this policy. Certain payment criteria may have been met that prevented cancellation of the courses. It is the student's responsibility to drop courses that they are not going to attend. Individuals will be held financially obligated for those classes that are not dropped by the fifth day of the term. (Summer Session classes have a shorter drop period. Please refer to the Student Policies)
By completing registration for any semester, you agree to the financial responsibility for all charges on your student account. You promise to pay South Central College the full amount of the obligation by the due date. Furthermore, you agree to pay any and all costs, including collection, attorney, and litigation costs incurred by SCC in efforts to collect, should you default on your account charges.
Tuition and fee statements are not mailed. Students must monitor their student account online. To access account balance information go to the Current Students Web Page, E-Services and choose "MnSCU Account Login". Once logged in, choose "Bills and Payment" to view balance due by term or full account detail. Full Account Detail will allow you to review details about your tuition, fees, and other miscellaneous charges by term. Financial aid awarded but not credited to your account will not be available. Financial aid credited to your account and payments to your account are available. If you make changes to your class schedule, drop or add classes, the changes to your balance will be available online. Prior term charges and payments are also available and can be used for tax information.
Please refer also to the following MinnState System policies and Procedures for more information:
- 5.12 Tuition And Fee Due Dates, Refunds, Withdrawals and Waivers
- 5.12.02 Tuition Waivers, Deferrals, and Retroactive Drops
- 5.12.03 Payment Related Dates and Registration Cancellation
- 5.12.04 Refund of Tuition and Fees
- 5.12.05 Payment Plans
2019-2020 Tuition & Fees
Tuition and Fees Cost Per Credit
- Tuition*: $166.02
- Online Tuition: $200.52
- Student Activity Fee: $6.50
- MSCSA: $0.35
- Technology Fee: $10.00
- Parking Fee**: $2.50
- Health Services Fee: $2.50
Total for Online Courses: $219.87
* Certain courses may have a higher tuition rate. See a list of these courses in the table below.
Note: SCC's current non-resident tuition and fee rates are the same as those charged to Minnesota residents. This is subject to change pending MnSCU Board and/or Minnesota Office of Higher Education action.
**Parking Fee $2.50 per credit, not to exceed $75.00 per academic year (Summer, Fall, Spring). Several smaller fees arise from other non-course related matters such as ID card replacement fees and library fines.
Individual Course Tuition Rate Per Credit
- Accounting 2900: $170.82
- BIOL 100 Intro to Biology: $168.32
- BIOL 101 Intro to Ecology: $168.71
- BIOL 115 General Biology 1: $173.58
- BIOL 116 General Biology 2 : $168.84
- BIOL 211 Genetic : $174.80
- BIOL 220 Human Anatomy: $177.77
- BIOL 230 Human Physiology : $175.48
- BIOL 270 Microbiology: $173.88
- Capstone CAP 250 AA of Arts : $180.02
- Carp 1226 Stairway Technology : $191.02
- Carp 2100 Footings & Foundation : $182.68
- Carp 2101 Commercial Construction : $191.02
- CDEV 1230 Guiding Children's Behavior: $172.68
- CDEV 2510 Internship : $172.68
- Civil Engineering Technology 1820 Material Tech: $193.52
- CMAE 1514 Safety Awareness: $198.30
- CMAE 1518 Manufacturing Proc & Prod: $198.30
- CMAE 1522 Quality Practices: $198.30
- CMAE 1526 Maintenance Awareness: $198.30
- Community Social Service CSS 1910: $173.46
- COMP 2452 Information Storage & Mgmt: $195.02
- COMP 2453 Virtualization Technologies: $195.02
- COMP 2456 Cloud Tehnologies & Svcs: $195.02
- Culn 1103 Culinary Fundamentals 1: $178.52
- Culn 1104 Culinary Fundamentals 2: $178.52
- Culn 1105 Butchery: $184.77
- Culn 1106 World Cuisine & Culturers: $178.52
- Culn 1200 Garde Manager: $182.68
- Culn 1201 Baking 2: $182.68
- Culn 1202 Ala Cart Cooking & Prod: $172.27
- Culn 1203 Baking 1: $176.02
- Culn 1204 Garde Manager 2 : $182.68
- Culn 1301 Advanced Culinar: $178.52
- DA 1814 Chairside DA1 : $169.63
- DA 1815 Dental Materials: $191.02
- DA 1825 Dental Assisting Expanded : $178.02
- DA 1828 Nitrous Oxide Sedation: $183.02
- GCC 1120 Graphic Software 1: $174.77
- GCC 1220 Graphic Software 2: $174.77
- GCC 1260 Printing Process: $181.02
- GCC 2210 Design & Illustration 2: $174.77
- GCC 2220 Portfolio 2: $181.02
- GCC 2261 Production Work Flow 2: $187.27
- HCTC 1886 Basic Nursing 101: $173.46
- HEMS 1200 EMT: $184.86
- HEMS 1220 EMT - Refresher : $183.90
- HUCF 1201 Health Unit Coordinator: $216.03
- HVAC 2100 Theory : $183.52
- HVAC 2340 - Sheet Metal Ductwork Fabrication: $173.48
- ICP 1000 Intro Paramedics: $212.68
- ICP 1010 EMS Skills: $170.02
- ICP 2030 Critical Care 1: $169.27
- ICP 2050 Field Internship 1 : $182.68
- ICP 2060 Field Internship II: $182.68
- Marketing MKT 1940 01: $172.68
- MDLT 1810 Lab Techniques and Orientation : $169.27
- MDLT 1815 Hematology: $172.69
- MDLT 1825 Urinalysis/Body Fluids: $175.94
- Medical Assisting MA 2040: $197.27
- NURS 1150 Clinical Foundation : $185.94
- NURS 1175 Nursing Interventions: $176.02
- NURS 1275 Medication Administration : $176.02
- NURS 1350 Clinical Application : $176.02
- NURS 2230 Semester 1 Pharmacology: $206.02
- NURS 2240 Semester 1 Fundamentals: $206.02
- NURS 2250 SEMESTER 1 CLINICAL PRACTICE : $190.90
- NURS 2275 Semester 1 Skills Lab: $196.02
- NURS 2320 Semester 2 Med Surg Basic: $196.02
- NURS 2350 Semester 2 Clinical Practice: $176.02
- NURS 2375 Semester 3 Skills Lab and Pharmacology: $176.02
- NURS 2455 Semester 3 Clinical Practice Specialty : $183.46
- NURS 2550 Semester 4 Clinical Practice : $176.02
- On line courses and programs : $200.52
- Welding 1045: $204.37
- Welding 1075 Advance Welding Lab: $197.27
These below fees are additional Special Fees per class (Not per Credit).
- Civil Engineering Technology 1820 Material Tech: $135
- CMAE 1545 Safety Avareness: $28.56
- CMAE 1518 Manufacturing Proc & Prod: $28.56
- CMAE 1522 Quality Practices: $28.56
- CMAE1526 Maintenance Awareness $28.56
- HVAC 2000 Electrical Circuits: $50.00
- MTT 1110 CNC Milling Level 1: $45
- MTT 1120 CNC Turning Level 1: $45
- MTT 1130 Job Planning, Benchwork and Layout Level 1: $45
- MTT 1140 Measurement, Materials and Safety Level 1: $70