Early childhood education is a rewarding career for individuals who are passionate about helping children learn and grow. If you want to work with pre-school and early elementary school children, this program will prepare you to work in a variety of early childhood and educational settings. With a focused foundation of early childhood theory and practice, you'll learn the developmental milestones and maturity markers that occur as a child grows which will help you lead children in their influential years.
*Formerly Child Development Careers
Areas of employment:
- Infant, Toddler, and Preschool Teacher
- Independent Daycare Provider
Campuses: Faribault and North Mankato
Program Start Dates: Fall and Spring Semesters
Awards / Degrees
- Early Childhood Education AAS Degree
- Early Childhood Education AS Degree
- Early Childhood Education Diploma
- Early Childhood Education Certificate
- Administration of Child Care Programs AAS Degree - **This program is no longer accepting applicants**
- Administration of Child Care Programs Certificate - **This program is no longer accepting applicants**
“Achieving my dreams was only a step away after attending South Central College and transferring all of my credits toward a double major in teaching at Southwest Minnesota State University. Successfully, with the dedication and support of experienced professionals, I was able to develop an in-depth understanding of content and pedagogy in early childhood education and special education teaching...I would recommend to those seeking a career path in the field of education to look closely at the opportunities, choices and value one institution could provide to another to help you achieve your goals."
South Central College and Southwest Minnesota State University