The Center for Business and Industry provides in person CPR classes, training, and certification on the North Mankato campus in southern Minnesota. A range of CPR and First Aid classes are available:
4-Hour AHA BLS Provider CPR
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings. The course includes 1 and 2-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants; differences among adult, child and infant rescue techniques; bag-mask techniques for all victims; rescue breathing for all victims; and relief of choking for all victims.
HeartSaver CPR AED (Adult)
This course will show you not only how to administer CPR, but to recognize the signs and symptoms of heart attack and stroke. You'll learn how to perform CPR, clear airway obstructions and use the automatic defibrillator. The course will also cover risk factors for heart disease and stroke. A 2-year American Heart Association card will be issued.
3-Hour OSHA Emergency Care/First Aid
Learn the proper immediate first steps of treating workplace injuries and medical emergencies. Covering those first-action topics: this course satisfies OSHA and MSHA standards with certification issued for a two-year period. The course does not include CPR training.
4-Hour AHA CPR Instructor - Initial*
If you are an active healthcare provider with a current American Heart Association Provider CPR card, this class will teach you the skills portion of the training needed to become an instructor in Basic Life Support CPR & First Aid classes.
4-Hour AHA CPR Instructor Recertification*
This class provides a skills refresher for participants with a current Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR Instructor Certification and will enable you to renew your certification with the American Heart Association and your Training Center. You must have also taught four (4) classes in the previous recertification period and be in good standing with the AHA Minnesota Affiliate. If you are an active healthcare provider with a current American Heart Association Provider CPR card, this class will teach you the skills portion of the training needed to become an instructor in Basic Life Support CPR & First Aid classes.
*In order to become an American Heart Association (AHA) instructor for CPR, AED, and First Aid classes, you will need to meet/complete the following steps:
- Read and bring to class a BLS Instructor Manual. BLS Instructor Manual (#15-1009 manual or #15-1012 pkg) can be purchased from a Training Center or AHA distributor like Channing-Bete, Laerdal or WorldPoint.com
- Register on the www.AHAInstructorNetwork.org and notify training center of alignment or for AHA Instructor Network registration assistance. Instructor candidate to bring 11 digit AHA number to class (found on Dashboard page of Instructor Network site after registration approved by training center).
Minnesota State Colleges & Universities Multi-Regional Training Center St Paul, Minnesota 55101-7804
- Take the BLS Instructor Essentials Course on the https://elearning.heart.org/course/26 site, cost is $30. Bring the certificate of completion to class.
- Must attend an in-person class with our AHA Training Center Faculty, to demonstrate your proficiency with BLS Provider skills, written test and receive orientation to classroom curriculum and resources needed to teach your own classes.
- Register for the CBI AHA CPR Instructor-Initial Certification Course at cbi.southcentral.edu/enroll
Instructor students, within six months of completion of the Instructor Course, must be monitored by the Training Center Faculty as you are teaching your first course. Please Note- the BLS Instructor card is issued by the Training Center the candidate is aligned with, only after all steps and corresponding paperwork are complete.
Register for CPR and First Aid Training Today!
Not finding what you need? Request a Training Solution