South Central College’s campuses are open. To ensure the continued health and safety of everyone on campus, the following protocols are currently in place.
For those Testing Positive for COVID-19:
- Isolate – regardless of vaccination status
- Stay home for at least 5 days
- If you don’t have symptoms or your symptoms are resolving, and you are fever free without fever-reducing medication, you can leave your house after 5 days
- Wear a mask around others for an additional 5 days
Positive Covid Test Procedure for Notification
- Date of exposure (if known)
- Date of positive test and location of test
- Vaccination status
- List of close contacts (less than 6 feet for more than 15 minutes on campus in the last 14 days) and contact information for those individuals, if known
- Location(s) on campus in the last 14 days
- Contact Information
SCC Staff and/or Local Public Health will be in contact with those testing positive. Information sent to this email will be considered confidential.
For those Exposed to someone with COVID-19
South Central College recommends the following CDC Guidance. Adherence to these recommendations at the discretion of each individual.
Emergency Grants for SCC Students Impacted by the Pandemic
South Central College has provided Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) grants to help students pay for unforeseen education-related expenses due to COVID-19. While HEERF funding has ended, emergency grants may still be available through South Central College’s Lifesaver Fund.