Complete a D2L Brightspace System Check
Complete the D2L Brightspace System Check to ensure your computer system is properly configured for web-based courses. It is quick, easy, and free.
Login to Your South Central College Email Account
It is important that you access your SCC email account prior to the semester start-up. D2L Brightspace uses your SCC email account (by default) to communicate important course information from all instructors. Use the link below for SCC email account access.
Password: your StarID password
More helpful information is available in the Student Email Login Instructions PDF (100.19 KB)
Verify and Update Your Contact Information Through eServices
- Click on your campus on the registration page http://www.southcentral.edu/Registrar/register.html
- Login to your South Central College eServices (login is in the left menu)
- Locate the Account Management item (left menu) to:
- Update your mailing address
- Update your phone number
- Update your personal email address
Login to D2L Brightspace Before the Semester Starts!
About a week before the semester starts log in using the D2L Brightspace login page (with your StarID/password). This is the same login you used to registered for classes at SCC. Visit the StarID Self-Service page for more information.
You won't be able to access your course(s) until the first day of the semester, but you can access the "Student Lounge." The lounge provides you with information, tutorials, and other resources to help you prepare for your course(s). It appears as a separate course in your "My Courses" listing.
More login information is available in the SCC Student Login Guide (PDF).
Follow Online Learning Best Practices
- Set and maintain a weekly schedule
- Keep up with assignment deadlines
- Participate in class – read the text and ancillary notes
- Take notes – writing is a learning tool
- Ask questions – don't assume you know the answers
- Use the course resources and learning plans
- Review your course notes daily
- Study in “blocks” of time (20-50 minutes)
- Talk to your instructor(s)
- Work with tutors to improve your skills. Learn more on the Tuturoing Services web page.
- Visit with your academic advisor
- Increase your interest in the course content (research)
- Utilize available library resources
- Sharpen your computer skills
- Ensure you have adequate sleep
- Maintain a healthy diet (your study fuel)
Access for Students with Disabilities
South Central College is committed to providing equal opportunities for qualified students with disabilities to participate in the courses, programs, and activities of our college. The Academic Support Center is the designated office at South Central College where students with qualifying disabilities can request reasonable accommodations for their courses.
Academic Support Center
North Mankato Campus: Room E112, 507-389-7222
Faribault Campus: Room A116, 507-389-5847
Confidential Fax: (507) 389-7464