During the Covid-19 Pandemic, additional resources are available.  Learn more on the Community Resources During the Covid-19 Pandemic webpage. If you need assistance, please contact Student Life at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 507-389-7390.

Lifesaver Fund at South Central College

The SCC Lifesaver Fund is an emergency grant program available to students to pay for unforeseen expenses that could lead to dropping out of college. South Central College's Campus Foundations will cover up to $1,000 (maximum per person, per academic year) of critical expenses such as vehicle repairs, utility shut-off, medical bills and other emergencies. Payment to third party vendors is made within 48 hours of the grant decision.
Complete application at: www.southcentral.edu/Financial-Aid/scc-lifesaver-fund.html     

Financial Aid at South Central College

Financial aid is money to help students pay for their educational expenses at a post-secondary school. Some types of financial aid do not need to be repaid and some types do.
Follow the link to find out more information:

Blue Earth County Human Services / Social Services

The Human Services Department’s mission is to effectively and efficiently deliver essential services to families and individuals so they can achieve their potential through active community participation. Federal and state programs include Section 8 Housing Assistance, SNAP (Food Assistance), MFIP, WIC, and Emergency Assistance.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Blue Earth County Human Services Resource Guide (PDF): http://www.blueearthcountymn.gov/DocumentCenter/View/24/BEC-Resources-for-Families-with-Addresses?bidId=
410 S. 5th Street, Mankato, MN 56001
(507) 304-4222

Energy Assistance Program / Minnesota Valley Action Council

(Blue Earth, Brown, Faribault, Le Sueur, Martin, Nicollet, Sibley, Waseca, & Watonwan counties)

Provides direct payments to heat and electricity vendors to assist income eligible households with the cost of heating and cooling their homes.
706 N Victory Dr., Mankato

Energy Assistance Program / Three Rivers Community Action

(Goodhue, Olmstead, Rice, Wabasha counties, and the Prairie Island reservation.)

201 S Lyndale Ave., Faribault

MN Office of Higher Education: Paying for College

Paying for college can be difficult, but there are people and resources to help you at http://www.ohe.state.mn.us/mPg.cfm?pageID=888

Nicollet County Human Services/Social Services

The mission of Nicollet County Human Services is to provide Nicollet County residents essential government services efficiently and ethically, directed towards an acceptable quality of life.
Health & Human Services Building
2070 Howard Dr. W, North Mankato

Home & Community Based Resources list (compiled by Nicollet County Human Services): http://www.co.nicollet.mn.us/DocumentCenter/View/2450/Resource-List-for-Website?bidId=

Rice County Public Health/Social Services

The Social Service Department provides community supported social services and financial assistance for eligible people to promote their dignity and independence.
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm
Government Services Building
320 Third Street NW, Faribault, MN 55021

Salvation Army Heat Share Program

Applicant must first apply for the Energy Assistance Program. See your campus social worker for more information.