Congratulations on your acceptance to South Central College!
- Summer and Fall Admits: Online Orientation and the Advising & Registration sign up will be available in March.
- Spring Admits: Online Orientation and the Advising & Registration sign up will be available in October.
Now that you are admitted, below are your next steps to begin your academic career at SCC:
- STAR ID
The STAR ID is a username used to login and maintain your academic record (example: ac1234cd).
- If you have not activated your STAR ID or you have forgotten it or you password, visit https://starid.minnstate.edu.
- The STAR ID and password are used to complete the online orientation and to register for classes.
- If you have trouble finding or activating your STAR ID.
- Online Orientation
Schedule your Accuplacer placement test, if required. This will determine course placement in reading, writing, and math. SCC offers both College Readiness (CR) and English for Academic Purposes (EAP) for those students who need it.
- Advising & Registration (A&R)
Schedule your on-campus Advising & Registration session. During this session, you will meet with your faculty and/or academic advisor to discuss your program and register for classes.
- Select your campus and major
- Select a date that fits your schedule
- Complete the online reservation form
- Freshman Start Up
Attend Welcome Week’s Freshman Start Up the week before each semester begins. This event is for all SCC students.