Remote Financial Aid Services Options:
- Phone Appointments: On the day of your appointment, the Financial Aid staff member will contact you at the phone number you provided when you booked the appointment.
- Video Appointments: A video appointment allows us to visually share information with you. Prior to your appointment, you will receive an email confirmation with a link to your scheduled appointment.
Click a link below to schedule an appointment with any of our Financial Aid staff.
FAFSA Help Sessions available if you need assistance completing the FAFSA correctly. Though not required, we encourage you to sign up for the session you plan to attend to ensure sufficient space for attendees. Please arrive at least one hour prior to the end of the session.
- June 21, 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. North Mankato Campus
- June 23, 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Faribault Campus
- July 25, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. North Mankato Campus
- July 26, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Faribault Campus
- July 28, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. North Mankato Campus
Items to bring with you (in most cases, you will need info for both you and your parents):
- FSA IDs
- Social Security Numbers
- USCIS Number most commonly found on the Permanent Resident Card (if you are not a U.S. Citizen)
- Tax forms, W-2’s and other records of money earned: from 2020 if attending fall term
- Bank statements and records of all investments (if applicable)
- Minnesota Future Together Grant, a new grant available Spring 2022 for students enrolled in a program leading to a high-need occupation. Visit MN Office of Higher Education for more information. If you are eligible for a MN Future Together Grant, SCC will contact you with an award amount or additional questions to determine eligibility.
- 2022-2023 Financial Aid Award Notices will be posted to eServices in July for students who have a complete 2022-2023 financial aid file.
- Visit the CARES Act page for current information related to the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund.
- If you or a family member has experienced a loss of income due to COVID-19, complete a Special Circumstance Form for reconsideration of your financial aid eligibility.
- Learn about the types of funds available to SCC students.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – The application for financial aid. SCC’s school code is 005537.
- FSA ID – The FSA ID is used to sign your FAFSA. You and your parent should create one.
- Tax Return Transcript – This is the IRS site for requesting a copy of your tax return transcript.
- Document Uploader - Submit documents securely to the Financial Aid Office. Acceptable formats are.doc, .docx, .jpg, and .pdf.
- Loan Entrance Counseling – Required for new student loan borrowers.
- Master Promissory Note – The legal contract to borrow a student loan.
- Loan Exit Counseling – Required for all loan borrowers when you leave school or drop below half-time enrollment.
- Loan Servicer – Your loan servicer helps with loan repayment and will help you choose the best repayment option.
- Student loan repayment and COVID-19
- GradReady - learn more about paying for college, money management and student loan repayment